AS6081 Certified Distributor
Does your company produce high reliability products? Are your customers asking you about your counterfeit avoidance policies and demanding quality standards for you to comply with that you have never heard of? Soon many contractors will require you to only use distributors that comply with AS6081 or AS5553. AERI can satisfy your tough quality requirements. AERI is an AS6081 certified parts distributor. Both AERI’s president and director of quality were involved in the development of SAE’s AS6081 document, created for “Fraudulent/Counterfeit Electronic Parts: Avoidance, Detection, Mitigation, and Disposition – Distributors”.
AS6081 is the most recognized standard for the use of counterfeit avoidance by distribution. It was developed by a cross section of industry and government, including representatives from organizations such as NASA, The Missile Defense Agency, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, AERI, and more. It dictates requirements from the initial contract phase all the way through inspection and delivery to the customer. By ordering the AS6081 process at AERI, you can rest assured that your parts are authentic.
Requirements to become AS6081 certified include:
Verification of Purchased Product Process (Section 4.2.6)
- Utilize a Definitive Sampling Plan (100% External, 3 pcs/lot decap and XRF, 45 pcs/lot X-Ray, and more per Table 1 in AS6081 document)
- Perform Various Inspection Processes on Parts and Packaging
- Solvent Tests for Remarking
- Lead Finish Evaluation
- X-Ray Inspection
- Delid/Decapsulation and Die Analysis
- Optional Tests Include;
– Scanning Electron Microscope
– Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (SAM)
– Quantitative Surface Analysis (QSA)
– Energy-Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS/EDX)
– Thermal Cycle Testing
– Electrical Testing
– Hermeticity Verification
Organizational and Documentation Process Requirements
- Maintain a Quality Management System (ISO9001/AS9120)
- Maintain a Counterfeit Parts Mitigation Policy and Control Plan
- Perform Detailed Contract Review to Assure that All Customer Requirements are Met
- Use Detailed Purchasing Process to Avoid Counterfeits
- Perform Quoting Process with Enhanced Visibility to Customer of Supply Chain
- Disclosure of AERI’s Supplier
- Confiscation and Reporting of Fraudulent and Counterfeit Product
- Defined Mandatory Inspection and Test Results Report
Our pricing for these services is much lower in comparison to a test lab. As a AS6081 certified parts distributor, AERI is able to save your company valuable time. Delivery of an order, with all of the standard verification processes included, can take as little as 3 days.
For more information please contact one of our search experts.
To purchase a copy of SAE’s AS6081 document go to their website at http://standards.sae.org/as6081/
To download AERI’s current AS6081 certification click here